United States Kerry Blue Terrier Club, Inc.
(Member of the American Kennel Club)
This is the current Constitution and By-Laws accepted in 2007
To: USKBTC Members
From: Charlie Redmon, Secretary
Date: March 6, 2007
Re: USKBTC Constitution and By-Laws Revision Update
In accordance with Article IV, Section 3 of the USKBTC By-Laws, all VALID ballots cast on the proposed revisions to the Constitution and By-Laws were counted on March 3, 2007, by a tabulating committee comprised of four USKBTC members in good standing (Stephen Schultz, Eleanor Schultz, Carl Rainbolt Jr. and Sandy Redmon). The committee certifies the results of the vote as follows:
- 502 Ballots were mailed to USKBTC members with voting privileges.
- 208 Ballots were returned to the USKBTC Secretary (approximately 41.5% of those mailed).
- 200 of the returned ballots were declared VALID and counted (approximately 96% of those returned*).
- *8 returned ballots were INVALID because they were returned incorrectly.
- 195 of the 200 VALID Ballots were recorded as YES votes (approximately 97.5%)<.
- 5 of the 200 VALID Ballots were recorded as NO votes (approximately 2.5%).
Article VII, Section 2 of the By-Laws mandates that a favorable vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the members in good standing who return valid ballots shall be required to effect any amendment to the Constitution and By-Laws.
Based on the election results certified by the tabulating committee, that requirement has been satisfied. The Constitution and By-Laws as proposed are amended.
Thanks again to William Lynch and the Constitution and By-Laws Revisions committee for their efforts and all USKBTC members who participated in the process.
Charles M. Redmon
The 2007 USKBTC Constitution & By-Laws were APPROVED BY THE AKC at their April 2007 meeting.
Editor's Note: Click the link below to view the approved 2007 USKBTC Constitution and By-Laws in PDF format.
USKBTC 2007 Constitution & By-Laws
Last Updated: 04/09/2012, 6:32 pm